I wanted to do a post about what I'm looking forward to for Ian in the next year, but I ended up going back and looking at past posts - reliving the ups and the downs. Here's what I thought were a few of the highlights of 2012:
- Ian's first Day of Acceptance on January 20, 2012
- Winning the battle to keep Ian in EC this school year
- Ian's 4th birthday, June 2012
- Ian stood for the first time with his new HKAFOs, July 2012
- In September, Ian started playing wheelchair soccer, and also had a great start to his 4K year of school
- We got serious with potty training and Ian wore his first pair of underwear in November
Happy One Year of Blogging to me! I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to keep up with it when I first started, but it's been fun - and even helpful - for me.
Who knows what 2013 will bring for Ian and the rest of our family, but here are a few things on my radar for the next year:
- Completing Ian's IEP for Kindergarten in Spring
- Ian's 5th birthday in June - we're going to try a party with friends this year
- Ian starting Kindergarten at a new school in September
I hope 2013 brings more independence and progress for Ian. He's come so far this past year, and I'm so excited to see where another year will take him.