Tuesday, June 11, 2013

High Five!

Today is Ian's 5th birthday, and I haven't seen him in about five hours. Today also happens to be his second to last day of school, so instead of going off and doing something fun with me, his dad, and sister, he's at school and I am at home, doing normal things like grocery shopping and hanging out laundry. This is the first birthday that I haven't spent with him, and it's a little hard for me. I know he's having fun though - getting to be the birthday boy at school is just the kind of thing he loves. 

Last year around his 4th birthday, I wrote a post about what I was looking forward to for him in the next year. Looking back at it now, I'm quite happy that many of the things I was hoping for - continence, more speech, a bit of weight gain - have come to fruition. It's been a good year, and I'm hopeful that 5 will be even better!

Happy Birthday, Ian!









1 comment: